PASS is offering an interesting temporary project assignment for two highly skilled Hardware / System Test Engineers with experience in the medical device industry.
The position is offered from 1.11.2012 until 31.07.2013, work locations are based in the greater Zürich area.
• Working in project assignments for our customers, premium manufacturers of medical and analytical devices and lab automation equipment
• Perform product testing assignments of a new developed medical device for use in clinical laboratories
• Following generally accepted guidelines and technical approaches, performing complex tasks in the testing of a new product including functional testing against design specifications
• Documents assignments, test procedures and results in conformance with PASS, ISO and FDA standards
• Plan, develop, execute and document test plans and scripts to verify hardware and system functionality
• Integrate, configure and maintain test systems and test tools
• Collaborate closely with development teams throughout the product life cycle
• Communicate testing progress, test results and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
• Analyze QA reports in order to discover and report defects, bugs and other issues
Desired Skills & Experience
• BS degree in an engineering (EE, ME, CS, CE) or biotechnology related discipline (chemistry, biology, etc.) or equivalent and 3-5 years of experience
• Experience in the medical device industry is a plus
• Knowledge of system quality assurance best practices and methodologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably as well in German
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
• Ability to work individually with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a highly demanding environment where teamwork is a must
• Ability to write and execute detailed test plans and procedures
• Experience with test management and defect tracking system(s)
• Possibly ISTQB Certificate (Certified Tester)
• Electro-mechanical aptitude with ability to assemble complete test system set-ups.
• Strong attention to detail, logical thinking processes
• Proactive, self-starter
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Word and Excel
• Experience in robotics, measuring and detection technologies and/or precision liquid handling would be appreciated
• Competent to define test strategies, design test plans and test procedures, modify programs for testing (hardware and software), analyze test data and document test results in the form of comprehensive and traceable reports
• Reports bugs, defects and enhancement requests in understandable and reproducible manner
• Applies PASS and industry standard test engineering and reporting principles to assigned tasks
Applicant must be an EU/EFTA citizen or own a valid Swiss work permit!